Want to plow through ice cream and not able to get perfectly rounded scoops? Don’t worry, we have got you covered, with this comprehensive guide on best ice cream scoops available in the market.
Nothing can beat a delicious, creamy ice-cream on a hot sunny day. However, scooping the stuff from container to eating bowl can be an incredibly frustrating experience, especially when the ice cream just refuses to come out of the carton it was bought in.
An ice cream scoop is only the easiest way available to take out ice cream from a carton properly. With the right kind of ice-cream scoop, you can easily glide through your favorite ice-creams, without bending any more spoons!
Not only ice-creams, but it can also be put to countless other uses. From making uniform-sized cupcakes and muffins to hollowing out squash, pumpkin seeds, it a valuable multi-purpose kitchen tool.
When it comes to ice cream scoops, there are countless options available in the market, making it challenging to pick one. To help you decide which one is best for you, we have compiled some of the best ice-cream scoops available so that you can make an informed decision. Take a look:
Stainless steel is always a good bet for durability and longevity. This heavy-duty product by OXO features a sturdy, aluminum construction that won’t chip or discolor, even after repeated dishwasher cycles. It’s easy-scoop design makes serving everyone’s favorite dessert a breeze.
The flat side edges let you snug up to the corners of ice cream containers so that you won’t waste a bit. Hard ice-cream, frozen yogurt or sorbet, this ice cream scoop by OXO can easily glide through them all. The cushy handle is easier on the tender hands.
Its nonslip handle provides a comfortable, secure grip. It is absolutely a dishwasher-safe scoop, which makes it easy to clean right along with the rest of the dishes. It is very popular among consumers and no less than a paradise for ice-cream enthusiasts.
- Sturdy, aluminum construction
- Flat and wide blade makes it easy to scoop large amounts of ice cream at once.
- Pointed tip for digging into hard-frozen goodness with ease
- A comfortable black soft-grip handle that is easy to hold
- Dishwasher safe
Undoubtedly, it is your scooper hero. Genuinely priced, it offers excellent value for money and is definitely worth the purchase.
Made with an all-steel body and featuring a premium quality build, this scoop has been designed to last. Its unique handle is filled with a heat conductive fluid, which transmits the warmth from the palm of one’s hand into the metal, making it easier to serve the ice-cream.
It’s a one-piece design that makes it quite effective as there is no room for spring replacement. The outer-layer of the scoop is constructed out of an aluminum alloy that helps resist corrosion or oxidation and has a color-coded gold end cap.
It is designed for both right or left-hand use. It is not dishwasher safe, so rinse it and wipe it. This particular scoop creates a bigger looking portion by eliminating compression of the dessert, thereby increasing the volume of ice cream by 20 percent.
It is available both as small ice-cream scoop (2-ounce portion, yielding 40 portions per gallon of ice cream) and a large scoop (4 ounces).
- Made of aluminum, it is quite durable
- Heat conductive fluid inside the handle easily digs into frozen ice-creams
- One-piece design makes it easy to wash
- It features up to 20 percent more volume of ice cream by avoiding compression.
- Color-coded end caps for easy size recognition.
Professionals swear by this ice-cream scoop and its quality. Though you have to spend a little more money on this one, it’s worth it.
The next scoop that is deemed worthy of featuring on this list is SUMO Ice Cream Scoop. This SUMO stainless steel scoop is ultra-strong and made up of pure stainless steel, which makes it resistant to rust, chips, and scratches.
It’s virtually indestructible and lets you scoop your favorite color with the least hassle. It lets you dip into your frozen dairy treats effortlessly with its chisel-shaped tip. The handle features an ergonomic design that makes scooping easier. Its extremely comfortable grippy handle is coated in premium food-grade rubber.
This metal ice cream scoop is completely dishwasher-friendly and 100% BPA free, so you don’t have to worry about cleaning. It is covered by a Lifetime guarantee. It can cut through sorbet, frozen yogurt, and hard ice-cream with unrivaled ease. Designed to be used by both hands, it gets you perfectly rounded scoops every time you use it.
- Chisel- shaped tips cut through hard ice cream with ease.
- Made of Solid Stainless Steel, it is built to last.
- The Nonslip Grip of the handle has thermoplastic elastomer rubber
- Dishwasher Safe
- BPA-free construction makes it safe.
For the amount of money you invest in buying it, this one is worth every penny spent.
Next on the list is this versatile and sturdy scoop by Pampered Chef. The pointed head cuts through hard ice cream or sorbet with ease. Made out of aluminum, it has a dome-shaped plastic cap at the base of the handle with “Pampered Chef” imprinted in it.
Its soft-grip handle is also made of silicone, making it comfortable to use even over extended periods. A non-toxic liquid is sealed inside the handle of the product which conducts the heat of your hand to more easily scoop hard ice cream.
The scalloped edges will help you dig out your dessert even from the corners of the carton, and to the bottom, so nothing ever goes to waste. It is dishwasher safe, so there is no need for time-consuming hand-washing. So pop it in the dishwasher.
- Made from aluminum, it comes with nonstick silicone-based coating.
- Dishwasher- safe
- Its scalloped edges can retrieve ice-cream from the corners.
- Silicone coated handle for comfortable use
- The non-toxic liquid in the handle will keep your hands from getting cold.
- The pointed head easily cuts through hard ice cream.
Ideal for both home and professional use, it a good- quality scoop for your ice-cold dessert.
This durable and robust scoop is made from stainless steel and will last for years. It’s sharp, and a stainless steel head makes scooping hard ice cream quick and easy. It has a sharp scoop edge that makes it easier to scoop out ice cream even from the corners.
Measuring 8-1/2 inch long, it offers perfect large scoops. Available in 6 color choices, it can easily match any kitchen decor. It’s easy-to-grip handle is designed ergonomically for added comfort and ease of use.
The loop at the end of its handle facilitates hanging storage. It is covered by a lifetime warranty and a 1-year hassle-free replacement warranty on it. It is a dishwasher safe that allows for fast and easy cleanup. However, hand-wash is recommended.
- Stainless steel construction
- The sharp head makes scooping hard ice cream effortless
- Its ergonomic molded handle allows comfort and ease of use.
- Sharp edges scrape ice-cream from corners easily
- Loop handle allows for hanging storage.
If you want an ice-cream scoop that serves its purpose without breaking your budget, this one is a perfect pick.
This has found a spot on this list due to its versatility and durability. Famous as “The last ice-cream scoop ‘you’ll ever need,” this one speaks volumes of durability and is built to last. Its pleasant weight design allows excellent handling of hard ice cream.
This heavy-duty stainless steel ice cream scoop is made of a zinc alloy that ‘won’t corrode or rust. It is durable and sturdy with no mechanical gimmicks or moving parts that can break.
Its unique shape glides smoothly and easily through hard-packed frozen sweets. It effortlessly cuts neat and well-proportioned scoops for desserts. The Curved area of scoop makes brilliant curls that looks delightful.
The thin edges help dig out ice cream even from the corners of the container so you can enjoy the last bite without any wastage. The ergonomic handle is comfortable to hold and easy to grip. It is silicone-coated that doesn’t freeze your hand and makes it comfortable to use over extended periods.
‘It’s Dishwasher Safe, so cleaning is quick and easy. It is excellent for other creative kitchen uses as well, like scooping out seeds or stuffing peppers with filling. It is guaranteed by the Lifetime Warranty.
- Heavy-duty stainless steel scoop ‘won’t corrode or rust
- Unique shape glides through ice-cream with ease.
- Thin edges easily get into the hard-to-reach parts of a carton
- Silicone coated handle for comfortable use over extended periods.
- Strong with no moving parts that can break.
Allowing you to cut through nearly all consistencies with ease, this genuinely amazing scoop is well worth the investment.
Featuring premium quality materials, this stainless steel scoop features a durable and robust build. As it is made from high-grade 18/8 stainless steel, it won’t chip or discolor. This 20 portioner scoop has plenty to it and more ice-cream in a single scoop.
With seven size variants to choose from, it delivers perfectly rounded scoops every time, which looks tempting and appealing. The ergonomic design of the handle makes it comfortable to hold both in the left or right hand.
This kitchen tool features squeeze and release handles that effortlessly glides through the rock-hard ice cream to deliver round scoops with relative ease. This versatile scoop can be put to multiple uses like scooping even sized balls of melon, sorbet, fruit, cookies, and many more healthy meals.
Though it is dishwasher safe, since it uses a serving mechanism, it’s better to wash it manually. It also provides up to a 2-year warranty.
- Premium quality stainless steel design
- Squeeze/release design makes it easy to use
- Gives you perfectly rounded scoops for a better presentation.
- Quite versatile and excellent for baking tasks.
- Large scoop capacity
Long-lasting, as well as ergonomic, this genuinely priced ice-cream scoop, is a smart and economical choice.
Made of heavy-grade aluminum, this ice-cream scoop has been built for daily, heavy-duty use. It is strong enough to scoop even the coldest ice cream with ease. The curved shape lets you effectively push into the ice-cream. With defrosting fluid sealed inside the handle, scooping becomes an effortless task.
The handle has a non-slip grip that provides the convenience of use. The ice-cream slides off easily due to its nonstick surface and does not stick on the spoon. Also, its nonstick coating makes cleaning a breeze. Its effective design makes it comfortable for both the right and left-hand users.
Its use is not only limited to ice-creams. It can also be used for serving other types of desserts and foods. Hand wash is recommended, though it is dishwasher safe, too.
- Made of Heavy grade aluminum
- Antifreeze material
- Defrosting fluid sealed in handle makes scooping easy
- Nonstick surface makes it easy to clean
- Scoops even the hardest of ice-creams without straining your wrist.
Great for use in restaurants, schools, catering or at home, this light aluminum ice-cream scoop is total worth for the money spent.
Cuisipro’s ice cream scoop and stack creates cylindrical blocks of ice cream that can be easily stacked on top of each other. It lets you make beautiful plated dessert presentations that are a visual treat to the eyes. These cylinders easily fit into jumbo cones or waffle cones.
The best part is that you don’t need to wait for the ice cream to soften as it can easily cut through the hardest of them all. The scooper is ergonomically designed and works with a simple twist-and-lift action and push-button release.
All you have to do is twist the cylinder into ice cream and pull it out; then only release it in the bowl by pressing the top button. Its top rack is dishwasher safe, making cleaning an easy task.
- Creates playful, cylinder-shaped blocks of ice cream.
- Easy clean-up
- Simple twist-and-lift action and push-button release.
- Ideal for ice-cream professionals and enthusiasts.
Explore the fun new way to add a creative touch to your favorite desserts. If you like making beautiful plated dessert presentations, then this one is a must-buy for you.
All their tools have been designed to make life in the kitchen just a little bit easier, and this ice-cream scoop is no different. Engineered for a smarter kitchen, it has a redesigned scoop head that lets you relish bigger, perfect, and rounder scoops. Its elegant uni-body design looks sleek and sophisticated.
The handle is filled with a biodegradable liquid and has an aluminum core that conducts heat from your hand to the edge of the ice cream scoop. It makes it easy to scoop even
the hardest of the ice-creams. It furthermore features a nonstick coating, so that the ice cream smoothly glides into your bowl.
The hard anodized interior keeps the ice cream from melting and getting stuck. Wash it by hand by using cold or warm water.
- Rugged aluminum and polypropylene construction
- Biodegradable liquid transfers heat from the handle to the scoop head
- Nonstick surface and super-sharp edges
- No batteries nor hot water required
- Food grade anodization surface treatment.
Overall, it is an effective ice-cream scoop that easily scoops up even very hard ice cream. It is a bit expensive but worth those extra cents.
Wave goodbye to those snapped scoops and bent spoons! Savor your favorite flavors any time with all these fantastic ice-cream scoops listed above. Research well and make a wise choice in accordance with your budget.
What to Look for When Buying an Ice Cream Scoop
Ice cream scoops are available in many different styles, and each one has its own different purpose. Though all of them do the same job, presentability and the final result of each one is different. Take a look at varied factors that need to be considered before making a purchase:
Different Types of Ice Cream Scoops
- Material- Frankly, maximum people overlook this factor, but it is one of the most crucial ones to consider. Usually, ice-cream scoops are made of aluminum, plastic, or stainless steel. Each one has its durability and strength, which acts as a differentiator in choosing between them. Plastic scoops are cheaper and less durable as compared to others.
- Types- There are the portion scoopers one with squeeze handle, ones with shaped like a spade, heated scoops and varied other kinds. The spring-loaded design features a curved scoop end
- Budget- This factor cannot be overlooked while purchasing a product. Fortunately, there’s a scoop available for every budget. Don’t mind a little more investment for a better quality product.
- Ease of use- Whether for home or professional purposes, it’s essential to find a scoop that is easy to use. Buying a scoop that is dishwasher convenient, makes the cleaning process simpler. The flat or chiseled edges lets you dig into the corners of the frozen desserts easily.
- Extra-features- These include antimicrobial or nonstick coatings, whether the scoop is a heated one or not, or things like release mechanism. These features can be pretty useful and take your experience a notch higher, but they are not useful for all. Like, you need antimicrobial coatings when you intend to use professionally.
There are various kinds of tools to serve ice-creams without sacrificing presentation. All of them generally perform the same role, but in different capacities.
Why Do You Need Ice Cream Scoops
- Spade- As compared to other scoops, it has a relatively flat blade that easily gets into concrete-like hard frozen treats. It is usually made of aluminum and has a hollow handle that has some “antifreeze” in it. They are great for heavy-duty or commercial use.
- Dishers- Dishers are usually hemispherical like an ice cream scoop, and they transfer scoops that are often shovel-shaped. Perfect for softer ice cream, they usually have a thumb press design or a squeeze handle to dispense product easily.
- Scoop/Dipper- Generally used for hard ice-cream, it creates the classic ice cream scoop shape. Their one-piece construction eliminates moving parts and makes them easier to clean.
Apart from perfectly doling out frozen treats, these ice-cream scoops are capable of doing much more. Take a look:
How do I wash my ice cream scoop?
- Use an ice-cream scoop to measure out the perfect meatballs and cookie dough.
- Use them to make uniform-sized pancakes.
- Quite a useful tool to help you while you’re planting seeds.
- Scooping cookies of the same shape and size.
- Make patties for hamburgers, veggie burgers, or salmon cakes.
- Scooping seeds out of cantaloupe, squash, pumpkin and even eggplant.
Every scoop is different, and so is its cleaning process. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions on how to wash it correctly. Some scoops are completely dishwasher-friendly.
For others, soak it in the soap for some time and clean off all the tarnish. If the scoop is filled with conductive fluid in its handle, avoid dishwasher temperatures above 140 degrees Fahrenheit.