Top 10 Tips to Cook Chicken Using a Gas Grill: Reviews Cart
For the summers, grilled chicken is one of the most preferred menus. This can be easily done on the big barbeque and is the perfect option for a perfect weekend night. It is a healthier choice that is loved by everyone. But sometimes cooking the chicken on a gas grill has become a very challenging task. Therefore, in order to prepare the great grilled chicken, read the further information given in this article.
Also Read: Best Kitchen Sinks You Can Buy: Reviews Cart
10 tips for cooking chicken on a gas grill like never before:
Here are a few tips that you need to keep in mind while you are cooking chicken on the gas grill.
- The first tip in order to cook the chicken on the gas grill is that you need to cut the chicken into appropriate shape and amount. The chicken is cut according to the time you have for the preparation. If you have less time then cut it into small pieces because the larger the cut of the chicken, the more it will take in cooking.
- After this, when you will start your grilling, you just need to check that the fuel in your tank must be in proper amount so that your chicken will get proper grilling without facing any trouble. After this, you need to rub a little oil on the grates of the gas grill and then put the chicken on it. Before doing anything, you need to prepare your grill properly because clearing and maintaining the grill provide you with tasty and healthy food.
- After this, firstly you need to pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts. The uneven shape of the chicken makes it difficult to grill. Therefore, if you spend some time pounding the chicken, then it will help in reducing your cooking time. You need to do the thicker end a lot thinner by pounding. Due to this, you will get more evenly cooked chicken.
- Before grilling the chicken, you can add some flavor to it. By doing this you can easily skip the stitching and you have no need to do more work while grilling the chicken. At last, when you will get your chicken grilled, you will get an amazing flavor in your mouth that you have added before starting.
- The biggest mistake that is done by many people who grill the chicken is that they do not cover the chicken while grilling. By doing this, there is a lot of wastage of fuel and heat and also the chicken will take more time in grilling. Therefore, it is suggested that while grilling your chicken cover it properly. By covering your chicken, it will create a sealed environment surrounding it which helps in cooking easily and quickly.
- The cooking of the whole chicken will take more time and needs more practice in order to carve one up nicely. Therefore, it is suggested that you can do the butterfly whole chicken. This simply means that cut the backbone of the chicken so that it lies flat on the surface. By doing the butterfly of the whole chicken, it will help in reducing your grilling time of the chicken and it will be easy to carve. The process of butterflying the chicken is known as spatchcocking.
- When you will grill the chicken then you should know all the things regarding this. Among all of these, one is that the chicken needs a temperature of 165°F in order to cook properly and safely. Therefore, if you want to check that the chicken is grilled properly or not then you can check it with the help of a thermometer. In order to check, you need to place the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken that is placed on the grate of the grill. Putting the thermometer into the bone can provide you wrong reading and due to this, your food will get affected. Therefore, you need to place the thermometer at the appropriate place.
In case if you are not having any thermometer then also there is a big option which you can do in order to check that is cut the thicker part and check whether the juice is running clearly or not.
Also Read: What is the Process to Select the Best Gas Grill: Reviews Cart
- Chicken is very hard and takes lots of time in grill. Therefore, it is not easy to grill it properly at low temperatures. Thus, when you will grill the chicken then you need to keep the safety from the heat comes out from the grill. Because the heat comes in large amounts by which your skin also gets burned. Therefore, you need to stay away for some time while preparing the chicken.
- In order to avoid cross-contamination, it is very important to be very careful while handling raw chicken. After the chicken is successfully grilled, you need to clean it with the help of hot water. Before using the grate for another meal, clean it properly otherwise your meal will get contaminated and you will get ill. Same as with the sauce, if you are using any sauce to chicken then apply it with the help of the brush. After this, if some sauce remains left in the bowl the boil it first before applying and serving it to another. In order to do the cleanliness and maintenance, you need to keep these small things in your mind otherwise your food will get contaminated which is a very big problem.
- When you will brush the sauce on the grilled chicken, you need to keep this in your mind that brushing of the sauce until the end can burn it and it can affect the taste of your food too. Therefore, you can start basting around 15 minutes before the completion of the grilled chicken. After this, you need to turn the chicken a few times in order to cook each layer. It also helps in sticking each layer to the chicken which provides you a unique taste in your mouth while eating.
Also Read: How to Choose the Best Ice-Cream Scoop for the Kitchen?
These are some of the top tips that you need to take care when you want to cook your chicken on a gas grill. You can use various online sites, such as Amazon to compare the features and prices before you make the decision to purchase the gas grills.